1. Am I eligible to use UMobile service of Union Bank?
All customers of bank having SB/CD/OD accounts and having Debit Card of bank are eligible. The accounts must have been opened in compliance with KYC norms.
2. How can I register for UMobile?
You can register for UMobile at any of Union Bank’s ATMs across the country. Upon successful registration, you will get a 4-digit activation code.
3. What are the basic requirements in order to avail the mobile banking service of the bank?
Basic requirements for mobile banking service are debit card of the bank and java enabled mobile handset.
4. Will I be able to use the service while roaming?
Yes. You will be able to use the service on national as well as international roaming.
5. How can I download the application on my handset?
To download the application on your mobile handset, you need to visit bank’s website (link provided on bank’s website), use the activation code and download the application on your PC/laptop.
The application can be further downloaded on the mobile handset by using a data cable/bluetooth or GPRS.
6. How do I get an mPin?
On the first use of the mobile banking application on your handset, you will be prompted to decide an mPin of your choice using the activation code provided to you.
7. What if I don’t have an account and Debit card from Union Bank?
In case you do not have an account and Debit card from Union Bank, please open an account and obtain a Debit card.
8. How many accounts can I link to my mobile?
Only one account can be linked to a mobile number. As a matter of fact, the primary account linked to your Debit card gets automatically linked to the mobile number.
9. How is UMobile different then the SMS Banking service of bank?
SMS Banking service of Bank provides only enquiries and alerts, whereas UMobile will provide transaction facilities like fund transfers and value added services like bill payment, mobile recharge, movie ticket booking etc.
10. How safe and secure is the UMobile?
Umobile is a highly secure application, which conforms to RBI recommended standards of security.
11. How can I do a balance enquiry using UMobile?
All you need to do is select balance enquiry, enter mPin and send the message.
12. How many transactions I would get in Mini statement?
You will get your last nine transactions in Mini statement option.
13. Do I need to know the account number of the beneficiary?
Yes. You need to know the account number of the beneficiary and have to register for the first time.
14. How much time UMobile transactions take?
Normally, UMobile transactions get completed in seconds i.e. less than a minute’s time. However, the efficiency depends on the network available and the efficiency of the mobile operator.
15. What is the maximum amount that I can transfer in a day?
You can transfer maximum Rs.5,000/- in a day. This is the present ceiling provided by RBI.
16. How many fund transfer transactions can I do on a day?
You can do 3 fund transfer transactions in a day.
17. Can I do an Inter-bank fund transfer and merchant payments using UMobile?
Yes.Inter-bank fund transfer and merchants payments can be done using Umobile through NEFT, shopping etc
18. What are the charges for using UMobile services?
At present, there are no charges to customers for using UMobile services.
19. What shall I do if I forget and want a new mPin?
Please call toll free No 1800 2222 44 or e-mail at